The Hicksdesign Style Archives plugin now has a permanent URL.
Looking for a better way of displaying your blog archive list than a list of links to your monthly archive pages? There are many ways to display an archive list of posts, most common is a series of links to your ‘monthly archive’ pages. While perfectly functional, it just wasn’t working for me.
After looking around, I really liked the way that Jon Hicks displays his blog archive list. Using Jon’s method gives a little more substance to an otherwise fairly sparse page and the post titles break up the page nicely with their varying length.
- Download arl_hicksdesign_archives.zip
- Unzip the file locally
arl_hicksdesign_archives.phpinto your plugins folder (normally: /wp-content/plugins/)
- Enable the plugin via your administration console
- Edit your appropriate WordPress template file and add a call to
get_permalink()to fix bug
get_month_link()to fix potential bug
- 2006-04-29: Fixed spelling mistake in plugin name,
- 2006-04-26: Initial release.